Special Event – Yoga in the Park!
On Thursday, August 20th we will be holding a special class outdoors in order to enjoy the fresh air and get to see each other’s faces, while still abiding by necessary safety precautions.
Time: 9:00-10:00 AM
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED as space is limited!
Location: Bowdoin Park – 85 Sheafe Road, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
We’ll meet you at the first gate upon arrival and help direct you to where we’ll be practicing. Please look for us when you arrive at the park.
Rain Date: Friday, August 21 at 9:00 AM
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
– A blanket to place on the ground to guard against insects/ticks and assist with spacing for social distancing.
– Yoga mat and water bottle.
– Yoga props you usually use that you feel you can use in an outdoor setting.
– A mask or covering for nose and mouth for distancing. We should be spread far enough apart for practice without masks. But for any other reason including close proximity, conversation, or personal comfort level, please be prepared.
– Sunscreen, sunglasses, or protective sun gear or clothing.
– An eye pillow or something to shade your eyes from the sun during relaxation.
– Appropriate clothing or gear to protect from insects.
WHAT YOU WANT TO BE AWARE OF:
– We won’t know before the morning of class which area we’ll use for practice. Please look for one of us at the first gate upon arrival, and we’ll direct you.
– Please remain in your car until we arrive at your car to guide you to your practice space. We’ll be assisting everyone in getting set up.
– Plan to be spaced at least 10 feet apart for practice.
– We are doing our best to find a space providing shade or partial shade.
– To pre-register, send an email to email@example.com by August 15.
– For students who cannot attend in person, we will broadcast from Zoom, so you will still receive your invitation and reminder link for class, and you can join us from the livestream.
– This is a regularly scheduled class, so there is no fee for the class.
– Class will be team-taught by Usha and Medha!
– We all need to comply with NYS mandates of distancing a minimum of 6 feet at all times, and wearing a mask when that is not possible. So when not on your mat or when you are closer than 6 feet from anyone else, please wear your mask over your nose and mouth.
We know that many of you feel eager to see one another and to share in our practices together and we are very much looking forward to this opportunity to gather while the weather is warm, and while we may do so with safety and consideration for one another. We feel so glad to be sharing this event with you.
Please let us know if you have any questions!